Expressionists and Art Foundations Classes
Registration and Tuition
- The Registration Form can be submitted in-person, by mail (225 Mill Street NE, Vienna, VA 22180), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
- Each student must submit a completed Registration Form for each enrollment period.
- Register early to receive class placement.
- Registration is ongoing throughout the year. Tuition will be prorated for late registrants.
- Students are automatically enrolled from their start date through the end of the session.
- No refunds will be issued after classes begin. The student will be responsible for the remainder of the tuition for the session.
- Payments can be made by check payable to OpenArt Studio, by cash, or by Visa or Mastercard.
- Discounts: When multiple family members are enrolled, one member must pay full tuition to receive 5% discount for the additional family members. This may not be combined with other offers.
- Two Payments are available for full semester registrants.
Attendance and Makeup Policy
- Students must notify the office of an absence at least 24 hours in advance. You can email us or leave a voice message.
- Two make-up classes are permitted (by attending another scheduled group class), provided that the office is notified of the absence at least 24 hours in advance, and that the make-up class is completed within the registered period.
- All make-up classes must be arranged with the office prior to attending.
- When classes are canceled due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond OpenArt Studio’s control, make-ups will be arranged.
- OpenArt Studio may cancel any class with insufficient registration.
Student Dropoff and Pickup
- For the safety of all children, parents are advised to escort their children inside rather than dropped them off at the school’s entrance.
- Students in the Expressionist Classes will not be released at the end of class until a parent or guardian arrives to escort them out of the building.
- Please be prompt. All classes and lessons will start, and end, on time.
- OpenArt reserves the right to use copies of student artwork for promotional materials.
- OpenArt reserved the right to use photos, and videos taken in classes and at school events for promotional materials.
Portfolio Prep Class Policies
- Students must schedule class for the same day of the week, on all weeks in a month, as seen on the Scheduling Form.
- Enrollment is automatically renewed for the same schedule monthly; students who need to change their schedule must speak with the instructor no later than the 25th of the proceeding month.
- Only new students are permitted to submit their schedule mid-month; tuition will be prorated for these students.
- Students who submit the Scheduling Form early are most likely to receive their preferred schedule.
- Schedule preferences are not guaranteed for students who frequently miss class; the instructor may deny scheduling preferences to students with inconsistent attendance.
- The scheduling form can be submitted in-person, by mail (225 Mill Street NE, Vienna, VA 22180), e-mail (email@example.com).
Attendance and Make-Up Policy
- Please call the instructor before class if you are going to be late.
- Absences must be reported to the instructor no less than 3 hours before class begins, and only then will make-up be granted.
- Every missed or canceled class must be rescheduled and made up WITHIN 30 DAYS, unless you have approval from the instructor. No refund or credit will be granted for missed or canceled classes.
- It is the STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY to contact the instructor to schedule make-up days.
- Regular class cannot be substituted for a make-up day. When classes are canceled due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond OpenArt’s control, they will be rescheduled. OpenArt Studio may cancel any class with insufficient registration.
Enrollment and Tuition
- New students must pay one-time Registration Fee of $35.
- Portfolio Prep students are expected to remain enrolled every month until college applications have been submitted or college admission has been secured.
- Students must speak to the instructor before taking vacations or breaks longer than one week. Time is absolutely critical in preparing a portfolio for college admissions, so students must commit to consistent attendance.
- Full payment of tuition is required each month, prior to class participation. Students are responsible for all payments incurred, unless proper withdrawal procedures are completed.
- Payments can be made by check payable to OpenArt Studio, by cash, or by money order.
- Withdrawal requests must be submitted in writing, one month prior to the student’s last class. No partial refund will be issued resulting from mid-month withdrawal.
- Unofficial withdrawals and no-shows will be held responsible for all tuition changes for missed classes.
- OpenArt reserves the right to use copy of student artwork for promotional materials.
- OpenArt reserves the right to use photos, and videos taken in classes and at school events for promotional materials.